That otp that you ship every way like brotp, qpotp, otp, friends with benefits, soulmates, star crossed lovers, best friends since birth, forbidden lovers, and you just know that you’re never gonna ship a ship like this ever again
so in LOTR’s appendices it says that legolas eventually builds a boat and takes gimli across the seas and into the west, the gray havens. you know, the place arwen isn’t allowed to go because she’s in love with a human dude bUT LEGOLAS (AKA ‘YOU LITTLE SHIT’) JUST SAYS “FUCK IT” AND SNEAKS GIMLI INTO THE GODDAMN UNDYING LANDS LIKE CONTRABAND TWIZZLERS INTO A MOVIE THEATER
best literary analysis ever
In therapy this morning, my doc and I were talking about coping techniques, since I’ve been having higher levels of anxiety and more PTSD episodes recently.
When I’m in that pre-anxiety stage—you know that part where you can feel the panic rising, but there’s still time to prevent a full on meltdown? When I’m at that stage, the best thing for me is repetitive, calm action that involves my hands and a little bit of my brain. A distraction.
Piano, meditation, coloring, needlework are all excellent, but not always practical. And sometimes I need something fast.
Best thing for me? Games. I thought I’d share my favorites.
Online—No thinking required
- Calm.com: Not a game, but very soothing images along with calm music and guided meditations in short increments. Good place to start. (Free)
- Orisinal Games: collection of simple in browser games with pretty graphics. Favorites for relaxing play are “The Crossing” and “Wings over Water”. (Free)
- Music Catch 2: Collect musical notes as they fall in time to instrumental music. Particularly good if you find rhythm to be calming. (Free)
- Flower Reaction: VERY simple game with nice music. (Free)
- Fishing Girl: Go fishing with cute graphics and soft music. (Free)
Online—Puzzle, a little thinking required
- Loops of Zen: Puzzle game with ambient music. (Free)
- Auditorium: Part puzzle, part just moving a mouse around, all with great music. (Free)
- Machinarium: Amazing puzzle game in an immersive world. If you like Myst, Limbo etc, you will like this. One of my favorite games of all time. (Free demo)
Mobile games for when you’re out and need a distraction
- Lyne (iPhone, Android): Puzzle game. Trace lines with your fingers to solve—very soothing and takes a little concentration. Constantly updated with new puzzles. ($2.99)
- Quell Reflect (iPhone, Android): Move a silver ball through the puzzles to collect raindrops. Amazing soundtrack and sometimes quite challenging at higher levels. ($.99)
- Half of tumblr: But it's only the beginning of Septemb—
- Me: *buries self in pumpkins*
- Me: *fills in gaps with pie and cranberry sauce*
- Me: *Soundproofs with apples and corn*
- Me: *pours hot cocoa over self*
- Me: *plays spooky ambient noises*
- Me: Don't